All our candles are hand blended and poured with care close to Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire using carefully selected wax and fragrance oils. Campion Wood Candle products are made with natural soy wax, vegan friendly and cruelty free. The soy wax is biodegradable and no animal products have been used.
The first burn is the most important. Our standard candles and premium candle jars should be initially lit for around 3 hours. If a candle is not burned for long enough to allow the wax to liquify or melt from edge to edge of the container it will 'tunnel' down the centre for the life of the candle.
Always trim a candle wick to 6mm and remove any debris left in the wax pool such as wick trimmings or matches. Any debris can cause the candle to flare unexpectedly. Wicks that are left long or crooked can cause uneven burning, flaring and sooting. Trimming wicks will prolong the life of your candle.
Burning a candle for an excessive duration will cause carbon to collect on the wick leading it to mushroom. The wick will then become unstable and produce a dangerously large flame. It is recommended that you do not burn for longer than 4 hours before you allow it to cool and solidify.
Keep any candle away from moving air like fans or open windows or where people are often passing by.
Keep it Safe
Always extinguish a candle using a snuffer. Do not blow it out as this often leaves a smoking, smouldering wick.
Never move a lit candle. It will be hot!
At Campion Wood Candles we take great care in producing high quality candle products that burn beautifully. We've put together these top candle tips to improve the quality of your candle burn and explain some safety guidelines. With the right care our candles will burn cleaner and last longer.
Each of our candles is individually hand poured with soy wax and a blend of oils. As soy wax is a natural product it occasionally pulls away from the glass. This will not affect the fragrance or burn time.
If soot ever forms on the container, extinguish the candle, allow to cool then wipe off with a clean, damp cloth. Trim the wick and re-light.
Store candles and wax melts in a cool, dry place away from direct heat sources. Avoid placing your candles where they are exposed to direct sunlight.
Frosting naturally occurs as a by-product of soy wax. It is caused by the growth of small crystals that form on the surface of the wax. It is not a problem and will not affect the performance of your wax melt at all.
Do not use 8 hour tea lights (25mm high) with wax warmers. These are primarily designed for tea light holders only. These tea lights can produce too much heat and may overheat your wax which at the very least will cause a loss of fragrance.
Do not be tempted to use more than one tea light at a time. This is dangerous practice and will cause too much heat to build up.
Enjoy your candles!
We need your consent to load the translations
We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to view the translations.